In May, the Omm contributors worked to finalise the Boosted OMM feature.
All bOMM-related smart contracts have been updated to Java and pushed to the Sejong testnet, where the developers continue to test them. The bOMM community testnet has been updated to use the Java contracts, and the interface has been tweaked to further enhance the UX.
The final version of the bOMM community testnet is live on test.omm.finance for everyone to try. To learn more about bOMM, including how to try it on the testnet, take a look at the Boosted OMM blog post:
Unless the community raises any issues, a bOMM proposal will be posted on the Omm forum within the next week, and can then be put to a vote. If you want to participate, make sure your OMM is staked in preparation.
If approved, bOMM can be pushed to mainnet the same day the vote ends, and you'll be prompted to migrate your staked OMM when you next visit the Rewards or Vote page.
During May, the Omm contributors also:
- Published a blog post for USDC holders: How to earn yield on USDC with Omm
- Added dark mode to the forum
- Enhanced the blog layout and began work on dark mode
Omm Monks update
Last week, the Omm Monks published their monthly update. During May, they focused on NFTs and related campaigns to drive community engagement.
- Growing their Monks Collaborate collection to 24 NFTs
- Giving away 14 Monks Create NFTs
- Minting Claws and Yetis (YTSC) NFTs during their pre/public sales, to raffle to Monks Create NFT holders
They also hosted several Monks Academy sessions:
The Monks also ran weekly quiz competitions on Discord, where they gave away Common Monks NFTs as prizes. Overall, the NFTs have been a big success for increasing engagement within the Omm community. We've never seen the Discord channel so lively.
If you haven't read their monthly update yet, make sure to take a look:
Targets for June
- Submit Boosted OMM to a vote
- Launch bOMM on mainnet (if approved)
- Update the website and docs for bOMM
- Start migrating the final smart contracts to Java
- Continue forum discussion about Karma Bond integration
- Add dark mode to the blog